Thursday, October 9, 2014


I know, i know, it is about time I got to making a Hnefatafl board game. Well here it is. It was a long arduous journey but I made it.

I cut the base board out of finished plywood. When I started sanding it I went through a veneer that I didn't know was on the board. So I then had to sand through the whole veneer which took a long time. I then thought it would be a good idea to score into the wood to make the grind pattern. I hit an air bubble in the board pushed a hole into it. I didn't want to start over so I patched the hole with wood putty.

When I had it all cut out and sanded I stained the board. The score lines didn't show up very well so I started painting in the scores. Butt here was a lot off wood pulp left in the scores and it made painting very difficult.

I was done painting and started putting everything together but didn't like the look and repainted the whole thing.

It is finally done and looks okay. There are somethings I would do different but I am not going to make another one. Now I have to figure out how to play the game.

1 comment:

  1. You should make instructions and rule book...make them in the style of the game itself.