Tuesday, December 27, 2016

AWI British Artillery

Finished off the artillery unit that came with my started set. Next up, the native americans.

Saturday, December 3, 2016

AWI British base - done

I finished the first of many bases for my American War for Independence tabletop game. It came out pretty good. I see more places I could touch up but I will drive myself crazy doing so and have many more to paint so I called it good enough.

Monday, November 28, 2016

British Flag Practice

Here is a test run for the British flag for the American War for Independence (AWI) tabletop game I am working on. I am pretty happy with the result.

Friday, November 25, 2016

One AWI figure painted

I have one figure fully painted. It is not complete as my last step is the agrax earthshade wash. I wanted to completely paint one figure to figure things out and use it as my template for the others.

Three Units of British

I now have three units finished for my AWI British army. Two units of foot soldiers and one unit of grenadiers.


Just finished a unit of grenadiers for my American War of Independence British army.

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Red Coats Primed

So now that the first unit of my Black Powder American War for Independence minis are modeled it is time to paint. I like to prime my minis in white. My last step of painting is to add a brown wash which darkens to models and I find that a white primer brightens them up a little.

Next I use removable wall putty to place the minis on bottle caps for easier painting. Then I paint away.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

First models

Here is my first attempt at putting the Red Coats together. It is not easy. There are many parts and combinations.

Friday, November 11, 2016

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Never enough fences

As stated above playing the American War for Independence tabletop game you can never have enough fences. So here are some more have I have created.

First I started with match sticks and coffee stirrers. I cut the stirrers in half for a split rail feel.

I glued everything together, drilled holes in the base to make the fences stronger. Everyone including me picks them up by the fence and they will eventually loosed up and come apart. So I drilled holes for the posts and glued the posts in. Then I added stones and then static grass.

Monday, November 7, 2016

AWI Tavern

I think this picture tells a thousand words.

AWI Tape Measure

To prove my complete addiction I customized my tape measure for the American War for Independence. I am playing the British and can not play with a standard issue tape measure.

First I took it apart and primed it black.

Then I painted the casing red, but not solid to give it that olde tyme feel.

Then I put it together and applied a custom sticker.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Junk Yard

I tried this experiment with some left overs today. Basically it is a back yard junk area set in colonial America. This will be used in the American War of Independence tabletop game I am involved in.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

AWI Houses

Here are some houses I created for the American War for Independence tabletop game I am getting into.  I made them in photoshop then printed and mounted on 15 point sulfate.

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Split Rail Fence

Here is another set of fences for the American War for Independence tabletop game I am getting into. This series of fences will be on bases. I started with match sticks, cut them and glued them together with elmers. The bases are tiles I got from Home Depot and cut into shape. I then stained and painted the rails. 

I then collected small pebbles in my yard and glued them with elmers to the base under the fence. Once dried I gave the whole thing a coat of scenic cement.

The last step was to add static grass.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Dacians Return

I am back to work on my long forgotten Dacian army. A friend at the hobby shop wanted to play Hail Caesar. It got me motivated to finally finish my painting my Dacian army. This is a warband with Falx.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Snake Rail Fence

I know it has been a longtime since my last post. My hobbyclub is getting to the American War for Independence table by Warlord Games. I am starting to build terrain for that time period and have started with a snake rail fence.

I started with wooden match sticks and cut off the heads.

Then glues them together in the appropriate shape.

Once dry I then stained it. The stain was blotchy where glue was and part of the match sticks didn't take the stain so I touched it up with paint.

And then for the test. The fence held back my Dacians so I would call it a success.