Friday, August 8, 2014

LARP tablet

I saw a pictures of this online when searching for LARP props and thought it was a really cool idea. Of course I had to try it. To start off I cut out a piece of pink foam.



I then rounded the edges a bit and gave the tablet some damage. I then used a heat gun to melt and give the foam a rock like texture. I didn't know how it would turn out as this is the first time I did anything like this. I was pretty happy with the results.


Then I drew some guide lines to keep the lettering straight. I printed a sheet of viking letters to follow for shapes. I didn't actually write anything. I just added random letters. I heated a scrapper and burned in the letters. You can see in the last couple of lines I was getting better at it. Sometimes I would go too deep or burn too much.


Next I am going to gesso the tablet and then start painting to make it look like stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment