Monday, May 28, 2012

Sealion battle for Berkshire

A few of us got together at the club for a Sealion battle. But there were five of us and playing 1500 points each it became large and unwieldily. A rogue German team took sides with the US and Soviets. The brown area is marsh and the green is open farmland.

























The battle started strong when the US air force took out a german panzer and the Sherman took out a whole german tank platoon.



















But slowly ad methodically the Germans turned the tide.



















But even with the knocked out Stugs the Germans won the day.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Battalion HQ

Started work on my son's Soviet Battalion HQ. My first time using popsicle sticks instead of the figures already mounted on the bases. I didn't like the sticks very much and just held the figures as I painted. I liked that much better. And it was far better than the figure attached to the bases.





Sunday, May 20, 2012

Katyushas

My son wanted to try out katyushas with his soviet army, but didn't want to buy them so I made these for him. Everyone at the club got a kick out of them.


Friday, May 18, 2012

SMG Platoons

Currently I am working on my son's Soviet SMG platoons. We are receiving and order saturday of 130 figure Soviet infantry, a Soviet sniper squad and my US parachute platoon. The painting queue gets longer and longer.  I know I have a lot left to paint on the SMG platoons but I am only going to do enough to put them on the table. Same plan for what is coming in. Then I will go back and finish them up.  I want to paint the boots on the SMGs then I feel these are good enough for the table.


Thursday, May 17, 2012

Shermans

I have always had a thing for Patton, so naturally I choose a US tank company to get started in Flames. I went with the Plastic Soldier Company because there products are pretty good and the price is much cheaper. So I got three boxes of Shermans. There were lots of pieces but they went together pretty easy.





















After I got them all together I added antennas and then sprayed them a primer black.



















I then painted them with a base coat of Violet Brown.




















Decals were added and then weathering. I was pretty happy with these considering it was my first attempt at painting miniatures.












It looks like my son and I are going to join Operation Sea Lion. We started with Flames of War earlier this year. I will soon posts pictures of our armies and progress in painting.